Tuesday, October 7, 2008

"Dia Ibu Ku"

I just watched this movie yesterday called "Dia Ibu ku" on channel 119. May I say its just awesome. It was some old malay movie playing on the channel. You see I want to see how good malay movies were. So i just normally casually try and watch some. Whether its new or old. If its boring, NEXT. But this was just unstoppable, even when there was commercial. I am not sure if anyone watched it, but it was just so good. It was a 70-80's type of movie. I liked it so so so much. The drama, the story line, the characters line up, everything! OMG! I love it. The director is Yasin Salleh. Dont know whose that. God, I would love to meet him and convey my congrats to him. Such a remarkable movie. And the mother. I dont think they could have gotten a better actress. Although, I am not sure of her name except for the name Sarimah. Such a riverting actress. My god. When she cried at one part, wow. That was just such a moving scene. The movie was good. I am not sure if it will ever be showed again. I thank god for being able to watch that movie ever. I think it just scarred me on the concept of a superb actress. I hope I will be able to meet her someday.

MARVELLOUS!!!!

Can some directors make this movie as good again? Or make newer movies that are as good?....OR even better. I will await for the day.

Award for this movie are :
Best Film (Overall) ... 2nd Malaysia Film Festival, 1981
Best Heavy Drama Film ... 2nd Malaysia Film Festival, 1981
Best Actress (Sarimah) ... 2nd Malaysia Film Festival, 1981

No comments: