Thursday, August 14, 2008

Susuk!!!!




Ok I watched this last night with my friend Karti. It was awesome. I mean we are talking about Malaysian movies you know. Everyone knows, Malay movies(allow me to be frank)disastorous. I never found anyone that I liked. Of course i do have the occasional once. But it was like Embun, Paloh (Stop) then Puteri Gunung Ledang (Stop)then Yasmin Ahmads movie, and slowly its creaping up since last year. I hate Indon movies, not because of any reasons, just mainly its not fait that they seem to have the good movies with good scenes and all and Malaysians always succumb to it. Leave this be.

So last night at 9.50pm, I and Karti(my best friend) when to Sunway Carnival in Butterworth here. I tell you it was packed. EVERYONE WAS PUSHING EACH OTHER. I cant recall the last i had to go through such a phenomenon. Probably the high publicisty stunts and the anticipation there was, we had many eager faces. And just so you know i bought the tickets at 9.15pm. And we took the last seats available. It was a long que stil behind us, but of course we coudlnt guess whether it was for this movie or any other. My friend and me were so relaxed to watch this movie. This is so because, being a Malay movie there is no point of expecting anything then "I love you...Do you love me?" So this movie was more reverting then anything. It was fresh. And that i mean by sound quality, picture quality, the frames and the most queesential, the acting. There was many things the directed played with, namely the time genre. Censors are not in action here. Susuk in its barest form means inserting gold and silver needle into the persons body with diamonds at the top. It is to increase the persons attractiveness. So the movie is pretty much revolves around that and a diva(Ida Nerina) and singer-wannabe-nurse (Soraya-dont know her real name).Oh yah, i forgot to write this, it Sunway Carnival and Megamall Pacific in Butterworth, i heard the cinemas ws fully booked for this show. In KLCC, it was booked also, yesterdat and the day before. Movie must be something.

Well cheers for Malaysian movie!

Keep up the Good Work!

1 comment:

Amir Muhammad said...

Thanks for commenting on our movie :-)