Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pisau Cukur-"Gold Digger"

I got a blog topic yang cukup PANAS!!!

Wasn't anyone a pisau cukur(gold digger) before?

I know I was(still am,opps!). I am to my parents. To my sister. To some of my friends.

Some people hate it, some people love it. For both. Being the pisau cukur-er and being the pisau cukur-ee. I prefer being the former then the latter. Well who wouldnt be. But anyone in this current economy situations would have doubled up their efforts in syphening out anybodys money. It is bad, but if its for all the right reasons( like that new Top Man tee I just saw in QB)it would be alright.

But in Malaysia and Singapore latest trend, marry a Dato'.

Other then the fact he can marry four (so you and your many money-sucking friends can join in) he has all the purple's(RM100 in Malaysia is purple in colour) that you can dream of. I wouldnt mine being the toy a of a Datin, actually. But of course, I must be wanted to by them.BAH!

So here come's along Malaysia's new comedy movie that has hit the cinema.

PISAU CUKUR


Acted by Nur Fazura and Maya Karin, directed by the oh-so-famous Bernard Chauly(j'adore) and screenplay directed by the newcomer (well at least to moi) Rafidah Abdullah . Its the story about two best friends who are finding their money bag which really is a filthy rich Dato' that will make any girl a DATIN. Intan a pretty face journalist and Bella, a once contestant in a show called Who Wants to Marry A Millionaire are best friends go on a cruise holiday to catch them a big fish, but somehow things take a change and both meets their own catch,somehow not so very big according to their expectations. 'Gigi Besi' acted out by newcomer by Shahredza Minhat was quite good at his acting,especially in his witty dialog at getting Bella. My sis thought he was really cute and so was the girls that were sitting behind us. But of course man-of-all-mans title in Malaysia has just been stolen by Aaron Aziz, the ever dashing playboy detective whose got the crushes for Intan. I tell you, the moment Aaron comes in, girls just started squeeking. Who wouldnt?

The movie was superbly directed. Camera angles were excellent. Colours of clothing and the background was so bright and cheerful and so mood co-ordinated. The dialog,was hands down the winner for this year's Malaysian movie from me. Acting skills were realy good, especially by Fazure who of course excels at playing the 'tergedik-gedik' character and someone who I have got to say, I have the hots for. Rafidah really did a good job.I knew she was an excellent host, but a screen writer? Now thats something to watch out. Rumours has it that it was wholly done in an apartment?If it was true,two thumbs up for making it look like it was on a ship. The dancing by Maya was so-so. I like Maya Karin, but I dont really know if it should have been here for the place of Bella. She cant, I think carry out the role well. They should have taken another actress. But for all the glamour brought in by Maya and Nescafe,I guess, business wise it was not all a mistake after all.

Its really fresh to see that new faces that are being brought in and that people are given the chance to show off their talent.HIGH TIME. Bernard Chauly, you did it again! It would be good to see if you can make two movies a year. Like every 6 months, to up the standards of the Malaysian movies.

The cinema was jammed pack. I watched it on the second day. I dragged my sister along. Who bytheway, detest Malaysian movies for the very irony of it. But after this two, I think she's got some thinking to do. Next time a good Malaysian movie comes out, I am dragging my family and friends. I know whats coming out, Mualaff in December 16!

No comments: